Sunday, February 21, 2010
Finishing Off the Week Strong
I feel like all I do lately is teach, run and babysit (for some extra cash). I'm not spending enough time with my husband, dogs or having enough time to chill out. I rushed home form work everyday this week to let my dogs out, give them a pat on the head and then rush to the gym to work out or hit the treadmill. My mother-in-law was also in town for two nights so we had to make room for her and actually clean the house. I feel like this week I did actually get enjoy myself as compared to the last two weeks. Thursday night was dinner at a friend's place and then Friday I babysat all day and we headed to a local resteraunt for a fish fry with the neighbors. Saturday I got up early to go to Fleet Feet and meet up for a 3 mile fun run, they also had an open house so when we got back there were free bagels, coffee and great conversation. Went home to shower and my husband and I drove to New Glarus, WI. We found some place to eat lunch and then went to a winery for tastings, stopped at a couple shops downtown and then went to the New Glarus Brewery for a tour and beer tastings. It was a fantastic day. Later that night I had to babysit until late. Today I was a little worried about my run. Saturday are suppose to be my off days but I really wanted to get out to the fun run. I met up with the Fleet Feet group and we did a 8 mile loop. My legs felt like lead at first but after the first mile I started to feel better. I had about 4 people that were running at the same pace as me and we stuck together the entire run. It was a litlte hilly and challening route but it was also fun. We passed some beautiful areas of the Madison campus and peaceful lake views. We all had maps but since I never run in that neighborhood we were getting a little confused about the course. The greatest thing about the Fleet Feet group is that there is always someone there to help you find the right path and encourage you. It was a great run and I felt really good after.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment