Monday, February 1, 2010
The Decision to Sign Up
While our house took up most of our time after the half marathon in 2008, we kept talking about signing up for a full marathon and putting it on our bucket list. I always thought about what marathon I would do. If I was only going to complete one in my lifetime I wanted it to be somewhere beautiful. I looked up some marathons on the west coast, one of my favorite places to visit and came across the perfect marathon destination. The Humboldt Redwoods Marathon was the one I chose, it goes right through the Avenue of the Giants. I've been the the Redwoods briefly when I was a freshman in college. It's absolutely beautiful there and so serene. I knew my husband would love it because he is a serious woodworker and loves observing trees. We kept the marathon on our horizons but life kept us busy and it was something we kept pushing off. Finally in early 2009 I was bored at home and looked up flights to California. I found a really good deal so I booked two flights to San Fransisco, California. After that there was not turning back, we were going to CA to run our first marathon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Yay for you!!! Hard to back out when you have booked flights. Congrats for taking that leap!
ReplyDelete