Sunday, April 11, 2010

Great Weekly Runs and a better than average 16 miler

After last week's horrid 15 miler I was nervous about running this week. However I did want to try out my new Saucony running shoes. I'm usually an Asics girl but decided to go with something new this time. I had two 3 mile runs during the week along with some kickboxing and walking. My shoes felt really great! I was running at a pretty good pace for me too. I usually run an 11 to 11:30 minute mile but Thursday I ran my entire 3 miles at a 10:30 pace. I've recently lost about 10 lbs. and I believe what they say about losing weight, every pound can make you go a few seconds faster. So after that run I was feeling better about having to run 16 miles today. I had a late night last night so I didnt get out the door until 10:30am. My husband had a long bike ride today so he was going to refill my water bottles and nutrition at the half-way point. The weather was goregous, about 68 degrees and sunny. I has a really great pace going out and my feet were feeling great. My husband met me at mile 8 and gave me some extra water, shot blocks and endurolytes. ( Having his support means so much to me, he's great!) I was sweating so much because my entire run was in direct sunlight. The endurolytes really helped. Going back I had a great pace too until I got around mile 14, I started aching and could feel some blisters and was getting tired! I chugged through the rest of the run and came home to find a pint of chocolate milk from my husband. Did I mention how great he his? I LOVE chocolate milk. Now I'm resting my feet and  refueling. The run turned out better than expected which is a good thing. Looking forward to recovery week: 14 miles next Sunday. Only 7 more weeks until the Madison Marathon.

1 comment:

  1. Wow - it sounds like you are really kicking some butt. And so wonderful about the supportive hubby. I, too, wear Sauconys, and I adore them. Adore, adore, adore.

    ReplyDelete